Sunday, August 26, 2007

Honks Like Clarinet

Honks Like Clarinet. That would be her name if Patti Smith were Lakota Sioux or some kind of Indian where they earn themselves a name like Stands With Fist or Dances With Wolves or some such. Any of those would be much better than Types On Keyboard.

Why Patti Smith and why this song? No good reason, really. Just total capriciousness on my part, except someone once told me when I was in high school in the late 70s that she was from Pittman, NJ. I know where that is and the idea of Patti Smith growing up in Pittman is funny all by itself, even if it's not true. And this band does as much with that Am-G-F thing in a rock song as I can imagine possible.

Watch the video. That's a sensitive, arty, misfit chick absolutely brimming with tough grrrl attitude working herself into an ecstatic frenzy at the thought of buying me stuff.

What? She's not thinking about me while she's touching herself?

Right. And I suppose she isn't totally cool, either.

You're just jealous.

2 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

Makes we wanna go buy one of her CD's.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Makes we wanna go buy one of her CD's.