Friday, October 02, 2009

Where is Everybody?

The place is here. The time is now. And the journey into the shadows that we're about to watch could be our journey.
You see, we can feed the stomach with concentrates. We can supply microfilm for reading, recreation, even movies of a sort. We can pump oxygen in and waste material out.

But there's one thing we can't simulate that's a very basic need: Man's hunger for companionship. The barrier of loneliness. That's one thing we haven't licked yet.
So whoever you are -- out there in the real world -- reading this blog entry, I hope you are never too lonely.

I also hope you are a fan of the old "The Twilight Zone."

It turned 50 years old, today.

3 comments:

Triangle Man said...

Lonely? Not today thanks!

Meade said...

I still don't see why they had to shoot poor Jean Marsh's face off just to prove she was really a robot.

Robot's have feelings too.

Or don't they?

Bissage said...

One of the great episodes, Meade!

Shooting poor Alicia was way out of line, IMHO. Rampant anti-robotism!

But the jury is still out on whether robots have feelings.

Anytime I find myself getting all introspective and philosophical about the question, I pour myself another drink and run a level 2 diagnostic on my upper cerebellar functions.